‘Unlock Bootloader’, this term you’ll find in every rooting tutorial of Mi Devices. Rooting the new Mi Phones isn’t possible because Xiaomi has started locking the bootloader of phones. To Root the new Mi Phones, unlocking the bootloader is a necessity. Today, we’ll show you how one can unlock the bootloader of their Mi Phones officially in a few easy steps.
Unlocking the Bootloader has benefits as well as it affects the security of the devices. It is easy to factory reset a device in case the phone gets stolen but this won’t be possible if the bootloader is locked. Unlocking the Bootloader also has many benefits, you can flash custom ROMs and enjoy the privileges of Superuser.
Let us follow the step by step tutorial to unlock your Mi Phone.
- Login to Mi Website to Apply for Unlocking Permissions
- Press the ‘Unlock now’ Button.
- Fill your name and the reason to unlock. (You need to fill a valid reason in English). Also, write your phone number.
- In a few days to receive an SMS from Xiaomi regarding the approval of your unlocking permission.
- After receiving the unlock permissions, I’ll recommend you to wait for a week before you begin the unlocking process.
- Visit the Xiaomi Official Website: Mi Unlock Tool to download the Mi Unlock Tool. We will use this tool to unlock the bootloader of our phones.
- After downloading the Mi Unlock Tool, Unzip it using WinRAR software.
- Open the MiFlashUnlock.exe file to begin.
1) The first screen will look like this. Read the Disclaimer and Press “Agree”.
2) Sign in to your Mi Account and Press the Sign In Button. Make sure the same Mi Account is logged-in your phone as well.
3) Turn Off you Phone, Hold the Power Button and the Volume Down Button Simultaneously to Boot into the bootloader.
4) Connect your Phone with your PC/Laptop via a USB Cable. Make sure all the drivers are installed. if not, then download the Mi PC Suite and it will automatically install the drivers. Now, press the Unlock Button to Unlock Bootloader.
5) The last step will unlock your device. If you get any error then make sure the drivers are properly installed and re-login to your Mi-Account on both Mi Unlock Tool and PC. Also, you should go to Mi Cloud to make sure your device is connected with the Mi Cloud. Also, wait for at least a week before attempting to unlock after getting the permissions.
Follow our tutorials on Rooting Mi Devices:
Hope you liked the tutorial to unlock bootloader. If you are stuck at any step then do comment below and we will reply to solve your issue as early as possible. Don’t forget to subscribe us for more such tutorials.