Stuck while finding some easy ways to root Xiaomi Redmi 4A or just interested in knowing the rooting process of Redmi 4A? You’re in the right place. Today we’re going to flash a custom recovery and also root Xiaomi Redmi 4A.
Rooting gives you the complete access to your smartphone. With Root Access, you get the Administrative privileges in an Android device and number of benefits of rooting are countless. Sounds great, right?
Also, check out our Xiaomi Redmi 4A Full Review.
- Redmi 4A with unlocked bootloader
You need to unlock the bootloader before starting the rooting process. Here’s how you can do it: Unlock the Bootloader of Xiaomi Redmi 4A
To root Redmi 4A, we have two major steps:
- Flashing TWRP Recovery
- Flashing SuperSu
So, let’s get started with the rooting process.
1) Download the TWRP Recovery for Redmi 4A: cofface_recovery_redmi4A_test.img (Credits: Cofface)
2) Open a Command Prompt at the location you downloaded the recovery by pressing Shift + Right Mouse Click -> Open Command Window Here.
3) This step will flash the recovery in your step. In the command prompt, type: fastboot flash recovery cofface_recovery_redmi4A_test.img
4) This step will boot your phone into the recovery. After TWRP is successfully flashed, type in the command prompt: fastboot boot cofface_recovery_redmi4A_test.img
Congratulations, you have successfully flashed and booted into the TWRP Recovery.
1) Download the SuperSu.zip file from this link: Download SuperSu v2.79 (Latest)
2) Move the SuperSu.zip file in the Internal Storage or in the SD Card of your Redmi 4A.
3) Boot into the TWRP Recovery and Press Install Zip Button.
4) Navigate to the location where you’ve downloaded the SuperSu.zip file.
5) Now Select the SuperSu.zip file and swipe right to confirm Flash. This will flash SuperSu on your phone.
6) After flashing process in finished, reboot your phone and check if your phone is successfully rooted.
Congratulations, we have successfully Flashed TWRP Recovery and SuperSu.zip and thus we have Rooted the Redmi 4A. I hope you liked this simple process to root the Xiaomi Redmi 4A. Make sure to subscribe for more such guides and how-to articles.
Note: Rooting your device has the potential risk of bricking your device. Make sure you follow the instructions carefully.
We will not be responsible if something wrong happens with the device. Proceed at your own risk.
For any queries or if you’re facing difficulties in any step, please comment below.