Hello, Redmi Note 4X Users! Having trouble finding some easy ways to Root Xiaomi Redmi Note 4X or the Redmi Note 4 Snapdragon Variant? Worry no more! Today, we will show you an easy 3 step method to root your Redmi Note 4 and Redmi Note 4X. As both the Redmi Note 4 Indian Variant and Redmi Note 4X are the same devices with the same codename,i.e., mido, this method is applicable for both the devices. Rooting your phones has several advantages, you can flash custom ROMs, remove bloatware and customize your phone to a level that was never possible before.
Before we begin, make sure you have unlocked the Bootloader of your Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 or 4X. Unlocking the bootloader is necessary, you cannot root a Xiaomi Device without unlocking the bootloader. Also, we will show you a video tutorial that will make this process even easier for you!
We will make sure that we use easy keywords & terms so that you don’t face any difficulties in the rooting Process. So let’s get started with the process to root Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 and 4X.
- Redmi Note 4 or 4X with an unlocked bootloader
- A PC/Laptop
- Developer Options Enabled in Settings (Tap Build number in About Phone in Settings 7 times)
Unlocking the bootloader is a must before starting the rooting process. Follow this guide to unlock the Bootloader:
Note that receiving the Unlocking Permissions from Xiaomi could take up to a few days and you’ll further need to wait up for a few days before you can actually begin this process otherwise you may get a Bootloader Unlocking error at 50% on the Mi Unlock Tool. However, there is no shortcut for the same; bootloader unlocking is a must before rooting a Mi Device.
You’ll require a PC while unlocking the Bootloader or flashing TWRP. You can root your device without a PC anytime by flashing the SuperSu.zip file.
To root Redmi Note 4 or 4X, we have to follow these 3 steps:
- Downloading the Necessary files
- Flashing TWRP Recovery
- Flashing SuperSu
So, let’s get started with the rooting process.
Download these 2 files on your PC and then move the SuperSu.zip file on your mobile’s Internal Storage or SD Card. Keep the TWRP img file on your PC/Laptop as we will need our PC while flashing the TWRP Recovery on our phone.
1) Open a Command Prompt from the location you downloaded the recovery by pressing Shift + Right Mouse Click -> Open Command Window Here (You can alternatively open the Change Directory command on the cmd to move to the folder where you have downloaded the recovery).
2) After opening the command prompt, type: fastboot flash recovery twrp-3.1.0-0-mido.img
This step will flash the recovery in your step.
3) After TWRP is successfully flashed, type in the command prompt: fastboot boot twrp-3.1.0-0-mido.img
This step will boot your phone into the recovery.
Congratulations, you have successfully flashed/installed and booted TWRP Recovery on your Redmi Note 4 or 4X.
1) Move the SuperSu.zip file in the Internal Storage or in the SD Card of your Redmi Note 4 or 4X.
2) Boot your phone into the TWRP Recovery and Press the Install Zip Button.
3) Now, navigate to the location where you’ve downloaded the SuperSu.zip file.
4) Now you have to select the SuperSu.zip file and then swipe right to confirm Flash. This will flash SuperSu on your phone and hence it will root Xiaomi Redmi Note 4X & 4.
5) After the flashing process in finished, reboot your phone and check if your phone is successfully rooted or not.
You can download any Root Checker App from the Play Store to confirm whether you were successful in rooting your device or not.
Stuck at a step and need help in form of Video Tutorial? No worries, we have got that too for you. Watch this step by step video tutorial by Dhananjay Bhosale to learn how exactly you can root your Redmi Note 4X & 4. Apart from the Bootloader Unlocking Process, this video contains all the steps starting from installation of TWRP to the Rooting of this device.
I hope this video will be helpful to you.
Still facing problems? You can always comment below and I’ll reply to you as soon as I can with a solution to your query.
Congratulations, we have successfully Flashed TWRP Recovery and SuperSu.zip and thus we have Rooted the Xiaomi Note 4X or 4 (mido). I hope you liked this simple process to Root Xiaomi Redmi Note 4X & 4. Make sure to subscribe for more such guides and how-to articles.
Note: Rooting your device has the potential risk of bricking your device. Make sure you follow the instructions carefully and do not make any mistakes.
We will not be responsible if something wrong happens with the device. Proceed carefully at your own risk.
That’s it for this tutorial. I hope it helped you in the rooting process. I’ll continue to post more such step-by-step tutorials in the upcoming articles. For any queries or if you’re facing difficulties in any step, please comment below and we’ll assist you.